Members at Veterinary Emergency Clinic in Toronto ratify new agreement
VEC members in Toronto ratified a three-year agreement on August 26, 2022. Wages increase as follows:
- VET techs Full and Part-time
- 5 years plus – $1.00
- 6 years plus – $0.50
- 15 years plus additional premium of $1.00
- 20 years plus – $1.00 and 1.5%.
- Full time premium 5 years $1 and 10 years $1.00
- Animal Care Attendants (ACA)- $0.50 increase each year for all and
- 7 years plus additional 1.5% each Sept 1st, retroactive to July 1, 2022
These new rates will equalize the membership with the industry for wages.
Benefit improvements: members with 5 years plus seniority will have benefits costs covered by Employer at 75% up from 50/50 co-pay.
Other language improvements:
- Members can apply for 1-week unpaid vacation.
- Increase 6 to 8 shifts of give away.
- The employer will endeavor to bill within a reasonable time for pet purchase program.
- Registered Pet – 1 day Bereavement each year, 8-hour shift paid
Union negotiating committee: Yvonne Fordham, Jerzy Kotlowski and Jane Waring. Union Representative: Meemee Seto