Fairlife ratifies new deal and avoids labour dispute
The members at Fairlife in Peterborough ratified a four-year agreement on October 6, 2022.
Increases include a General Wage increase: Year 1 – $1.20, Year 2 – $.50, Year 3 – $.50 and Year 4 – $.80. The lead hand premium will increase to $1.00.
Significant benefit improvements include:
- Introduction of a Pay Direct Drug Card.
- Increase in physiotherapy coverage from $500 to $1000.
- Psychology services increased from $500 to $1500.
- Introduction of a core plan, enhanced plan and an opt-out option for those who want to reduce or drop their benefits.
- Life insurance increased from $40,000 to $70,000.
- LTD cap increased from $2000 to $4000.
- Parental leave added to Maternity leave with the top up to apply.
Language improvements include:
- Mandatory overtime will be almost entirely eliminated with a defined schedule in the CBA that cannot be changed without the Unions consent.
- Maintenance increase for tool allowance from $300 to $325.
- Education/tuition reimbursement increase from $200 to $400.
- NEW – Fridge wear allowance of $100.
- Boot allowance increase from $180 to $200 and additional purchase order for departments with fast breakdown, upon inspection by Company.
- Layoffs to be done by plant seniority with a 20-day training period to be given to employees for said layoffs.
- Introduction of Labour Management Meetings to improve communication.
Union negotiating committee: Jennifer Derochie, Paul Handy. Union representative: Sacha Edey, Director Region 2: Lee Johnson-Koehn.