Locals 175 & 633 of the United Food & Commercial Workers (UFCW) Canada is a Union made up of more than 70,000 hard-working Ontarians employed in almost every sector of the provincial economy.
The history of a union is that of its members’ ongoing struggle for fairness, equality and social justice – collectively striving for dignity, respect and safety for all workers. Every worker has the right to be heard in an economy that relies on their hard work but would otherwise not give them a voice. Solidarity is strengthened through empowerment – every person must be proactive in improving the quality of life for all in a society constantly changing.
It is our commitment to:
- Provide the best workplace representation through superior collective agreements and expedited problem resolution.
- Improve job security and strengthen membership through organizing and engage youth in union activities to encourage our future leaders.
- Provide and promote an inclusive environment, reflecting the diversity of the membership, based on the respect and dignity of all members.
- Provide new services, benefits and educational opportunities to improve working conditions and provide members and their families with the best quality of life.
- Develop strong and meaningful links with the communities in which our members are active.
- Advocate for workers’ rights through political action at all levels of government and within the global community.
- Empower members, stewards, staff and officers with practical knowledge, resources and motivation to carry out the goals and objectives of this local union.